Enjoy the Countryside
We are very lucky to be surrounded by the rolling Hertfordshire countryside - unspoilt and quiet, yet very accessible. We've enjoyed putting together a guide to where to eat and stay in the area, so if you can stay a little longer to relax in the countryside then we highly recommend it.
Suggestions of where to stay
- The Sheene Mill- indulge and relax at this AA Rosette winning restaurant and bar. Using locally produced ingredients and serving the finest of champagne, Serena and her team will happily take care of any requests to ensure your meal is superb.
- The Wellington- eat, drink and stay at this village boutique Bed and Breakfast. The Wellington boasts award winning food and service and has six beautiful bedrooms, each one with its own individual style. An exclusive discounted room rate is available to Harriet Kelsall Bespoke Jewellery customers.
Suggestions of where to eat:
The Red Lion, Weston- this contemporary fine dining restaurant is only a few minutes from the studio and serves a particularly delicious roast.
The Fox, Willian-this award winning country pub and fine dining restaurant is located in the picturesque village of Willian in north Hertfordshire. The Fox also has eight beautiful boutique style rooms on offer.
- The Cricketers-the Harriet Kelsall Bespoke Jewellery team love a pizza and we can personally recommend The Cricketers. This traditional village pub has been blended with a few modern twists including a cricket ball pizza oven.
- The Hermitage- if it's contemporary dining you're after, look no further than The Hermitage in Hitchin. This bar and restaurant offers a seasonal menu, quirky cocktails and live music from local talent.
Make the most of your day:
- Hatfield House- this grand Jacobean stately home and gardens is the perfect location for a lunchtime picnic whilst indulging in a little retail therapy at the Stable Yard shops.
- Knebworth House and Barns- enjoy a wander around the lavish Tudor stately home and delightful gardens.
- Hitchin Lavender- with a stunning 25 mile stretch of lavender from which to pick your very own bouquet, Hitchin Lavender is a lovely location.