Your privacy is very important to us.
Harriet Kelsall Jewellery Design Ltd is committed to protecting your data and to complying with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Why do we collect your Person Data?
In accordance with GDPR law we collect personal data for the following reasons:
- For the fulfilment of a contract - eg the processing of an order
- With your consent – eg where you have agreed to us using your information
- Legitimate interests – eg in the interests of us managing our business to provide our customers with the best service.
- Legal obligations – eg where we are required by law to share information
How do we collect personal data?
We receive information from you when you enquire or complete forms on our website, contact us by phone, email, via social media or face to face in respect of any product or services that we sell.
If you are commissioning bespoke jewellery from us we will record personal information that you voluntarily give to us during the bespoke design and manufacturing process – for example face to face, via email, on the phone or via any live chat system during your design consultation. This information may include your name, email address, postal address, telephone numbers, other contact or delivery details, account details, details of friends or relatives for which your bespoke jewellery is connected. As part of our personal bespoke design service we may collect information about you or whoever you are commissioning the jewellery for, such as interests and style preferences, ring sizes and any physical information needed to complete the design.
If you contact us at any time, we may keep information relating to that conversation.
If you are applying for a job, as part of the recruitment process, data may be obtained from your CV, portfolio, identity documents or through interviews or other forms of assessment.
How do we use your data?
We use your information in the following ways:
- To answer enquiries and to process orders that you have requested of us, including, but not limited to, the communication with you before and during a commission, the manufacturing and the delivery of your jewellery.
- To design individual pieces of bespoke jewellery for you or whoever you are commissioning the item for.
- To process your account with us including, but not limited to, the payment for our products and services and the application for 0% finance. We do not store your credit card details on our servers.
- To carry out any obligation resulting from any contract between you and us.
- If you have provided us with specific marketing consent we may use your contact details after your commission or order has been fulfilled, to occasionally notify you of events, products, services, news and information that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To help us identify you and your account with us.
- To keep records of sales, bespoke commissions or other transactions and to carry out internal statistical analysis for the purposes of business forecasting, management information, research and generally developing our business.
- To reply to any complaint, concern or comment you have raised, both directly to us or via social media or online review site.
- To process job applications and establish your entitlement to work in the UK.
If you are unhappy for us to use your data in any of the ways mentioned above please contact us.
How and Where Your Information is Stored
The safekeeping of your personal data is very important to us and we will take all reasonable measures to ensure it is protected in accordance with our terms and conditions and applicable laws.
Your data is stored in the following ways:
- Electronically on our secure servers
- Within our accounting software
- Information relating solely to your design may be written within our designers’ sketchbooks and goldsmiths’ making instructions
- If you have applied for a job with us your data will be stored in our HR management systems.
We do not sell or give your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
If we work with partners or contractors they may have some access to your personal data but only to the extent needed to do their job with us.
If you apply for 0% Finance we will share appropriate data with our supplier necessary for the application process.
As part of any recruitment process, we may collect personal data about you from third parties such as references supplied by former employers, information from employment background check providers and information from criminal record checks. We will only seek this information from third parties once a job offer to you has been made and we will inform you when we are doing so.
We will keep your personal data for so long as it is needed for the purposes mentioned above.
If you have applied for a job with us but your application for employment is unsuccessful, we will hold your data on file for a maximum of 12 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process for future employment opportunities. Your data will be automatically deleted or destroyed at the end of the 12 month period. However, you can request to withdraw your application at any time which will result in your data being deleted immediately.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment and for 6 years after your employment ends.
You have the right to view, edit or remove your personal data. You can do this by creating an account in the customer’s login area of our website, alternatively you can notify us via email, on the phone or face to face and request your personal data to be modified or deleted.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given us your prior consent. You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for any purpose, eg for marketing. You can opt in or out of any marketing preferences via our website or by notifying us via email, on the phone or face to face.
We do not use automated individual decision making.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13.
Subject Access Requests should be addressed to The Data Protection Officer, Harriet Kelsall Jewellery Design Ltd, North Barn, Fairclough Hall Farm, Halls Green, Hertfordshire, SG4 7DP.
Further information is available at www.ico.org.uk